Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)

Go down 
3 posters

How would you like the Caps system to be used?
Trade points for commissions.
A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) I_vote_lcap0%A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Trade points for OOC benefits (ie. Additional accounts etc..)
A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) I_vote_lcap0%A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Trade points for IN benefits (ie. Special rare weapons, usually unavailable race, etc...)
A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) I_vote_lcap43%A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Bragging rights.
 0% [ 0 ]
All of the above.
A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) I_vote_lcap57%A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Don't really care.
 0% [ 0 ]
Other?
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) Empty
PostSubject: A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)   A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) Empty04/09/09, 10:14 pm

Still trying to figure out the best way to use the Points system the forum offers.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Isaac Horrigan
Wasteland Citizen
Isaac Horrigan

Caps : 110

Character sheet
Group: Enclave

PostSubject: Re: A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)   A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) Empty04/09/09, 11:29 pm

Hi, Joe here (I play Dominic, this is my second character). I chose all of the above, because it would be cool to actually earn benefits in the RP, rather than making Mary Sues/Gary Stus (though Isaac might be one, if I didn't make him flawed enough).

Besides, I think it would be absolutely amazing to earn things like a Fat Man, a Gattling Laser, Tesla Armor, or T-51b Armor with these points, or the ability to play a Super Mutant or a non-feral Glowing One (like there were in previous Fallout games; oddly enough, all the Glowing Ones in Fallout 3 were feral).

If there is any way I can help with this, please tell me.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)   A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) Empty05/09/09, 08:13 am

Well I hadn't even thought of a non-feral glowing one as a race so that's DEFINITELY going on the list.
It's really just stuff like this I'm looking for to fill the list up. I'm also trying to figure out how much everything will cost. Since I can remove points from profiles it will probably be less than I initially thought.
I want so badly to rename them "Caps" but I can't. BUT I CAN! BUHAHAHA! Points are now Caps. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Horrigan
Wasteland Citizen
Isaac Horrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)   A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) Empty05/09/09, 11:45 am

Well, I'll help you out then! Very Happy Here are some ideas.

All are in order from least expensive to most expensive. I didn't put the amount of caps in, because I felt you could come up with that. Also, these are only in-game bonuses. I'll think of OOC bonuses later.

Races:
Super Mutant
Non-feral Glowing One

Races That Shouldn't Be Allowed:
Aliens
Anything bigger than an Overlord (i.e. Behemoths)
Deathclaws

Armor
Chinese Stealth Suit (modified for balance issues in the RP) - Once OA becomes a Quest
Tesla Armor
Enclave Hellfire Armor
T-51b Armor (all variants)

Weapons
Gatling Laser
Tesla Cannon (this one's up to you)
Fat Man (mini-nukes must be bought separately)

Weapons That Shouldn't Be Allowed:
Experimental MIRV (no, just, no)
Alien Weapons (at least, not until later)
Gauss Rifle (open this up when OA becomes a quest)
Mesmerizer (should require special mod permission)

Special Items:
Custom Weapon Recipes (Dart Gun, Railway Rifle, Shishkebab, etc.)
Mini Nukes

Last edited by Isaac Horrigan on 05/09/09, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)   A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) Empty05/09/09, 11:49 am

Good stuff... The only issue I keep coming to when working on this is that right now people are free to make their characters pretty much anyway they want. Most of the things I want to offer specially they can already do if they chose to.

It makes it a little harder, but I don't want to cut back on anyones creativity either.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Horrigan
Wasteland Citizen
Isaac Horrigan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)   A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) Empty05/09/09, 11:52 am

Okay. Just thought I'd offer some stuff. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)   A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) Empty05/09/09, 12:00 pm

All good stuff. Trust me, everything helps. Even if I don't end up using it all, this sort of thing shows me what everyone is interested in.
I'm using the races. Maybe just the one type of Super Mutant, but I was thinking Androids would be good too.
What about adding the Cyborg perk? Or hell, any of the weird perks? Rad Resistance, Chem Resistance, or any of the quest perks would be really cool.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

Caps : 281

PostSubject: Re: A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)   A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) Empty05/09/09, 01:45 pm

I think it would be good to get perks as rewards, as well as certain armor, weapons and the idea of being able to create an android character Smile
I did think about where Dogmeat would be in game. Would the LW have him, or could you effectively get him as a companion? Maybe that could be another option...
Also liking the caps for points idea Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)   A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Poll (On the subject of Caps (Points) and their use)
Page 1 of 1