Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some advice?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Twain
Wasteland Wanderer
Twain

Caps : 107

Some advice? Empty
PostSubject: Some advice?   Some advice? Empty16/10/09, 04:05 pm

So I've just about finished another chapter in my Dehumanization story. The problem is, it isn't the next chapter.
Each chapter is a self contained experience in the life of one of my characters that shows the steady decline of his morality and humanity... My question is, would it be better to wait and write them all (or most of them anyway) and post them in order, or should I just post them as they're written?
They make sense out of order, but I'm worried it won't have the same effect.
I really like the idea of posting them out of order actually, but more than anything I don't want to ruin the character study I'm trying to do at the same time.

Advice?
Back to top Go down
Adam
Wastelander

Caps : 30

Some advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some advice?   Some advice? Empty17/10/09, 12:43 am

Maybe post them out of order, but not too confusingly out of order. Tarantino it by maybe switching the stories back in forth, past and future. Does that make any sense? Flip flop but never take too long to get back to one guy.Or, show the end first and then go in order is another way to do it.

I can't wait to read it! I love character studies.
Back to top Go down
Kincaide
Wasteland Wanderer

Caps : 90

Character sheet
Group:

Some advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some advice?   Some advice? Empty17/10/09, 02:04 am

The prestigious Ms. Author already has my advice, this is just a slightly off topic thing. "Tarantino it." Beautiful phrase. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Twain
Wasteland Wanderer
Twain

Caps : 107

Some advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some advice?   Some advice? Empty17/10/09, 08:55 am

Yeah. Well the issue is there are big events in his life and he's dramatically different before and after them. If they're released out of order it might be confusing for people trying to figure out where they are in relation to those events.
I guess if I'm smart about it and drop hints as to whether things have happened or not it shouldn't be too awkward. I can always link them to one another in order too. Also, I guess if anyone has read my character's bios they already have a summary of events so things shouldn't come as too much of a shock.

Awesome. Might have it finished and up today then!
Glee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some advice?   Some advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Some advice?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ghoulification :: Out of Character - Fun Stuff :: OOC chat-
Jump to: