Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty
PostSubject: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty21/07/09, 05:59 pm

((Edit: Cont. from here.))
(OOC: Anyone who wants to finish posting in Moriarty's before joining this thread can do so. I figure this thread won't go on for very long before we move out into the wasteland anyway. If you haven't seen Four's origin check it out here. )

Huh... Déjà vu much?

Calico struggled down the steps that lined the crater of Megaton in a very similar position to one she found herself in a few days before. With a few key differences... For starters the arm draped across her neck was whole, unlike the rotted one from her previous encounter. She liked to tell herself it didn't matter, but honestly she much preferred the feel of this one against her skin. The man it belonged to wasn't an appreciative pre-war ghoul either, but rather a psycho addicted, half-dead Raider. She had cleaned him up as best she could on the journey here, knowing the last thing she needed was to be seen helping the likes of him. So why are you doing it?

Pushing that thought aside she managed to make it to flat ground before shrugging the arm away and letting her burden drop unceremoniously to the ground. He curled his knees to his chest and lay in the dust, body wracked with shivers, as she stood over him panting.

After she caught her breath she stretched, popping her back and casting a glance at the clinic nearby. With a less-than-gentle shove from her boot she addressed the man at her feet, "Get up lazy-ass. We're almost there."

The man shifted, his fevered hazel eyes locking with her deranged black ones. He wanted to argue or to quip back at her, hell more than anything he wanted to lay there and wallow in his own agony, but he wouldn't. Wouldn't dare... Weakly he got to his knees, trying to ignore the stares from passersby and the scratching of the slave collar against his neck.

She hefted him to his feet and began walking towards the clinic arm in arm with him. They almost looked like two lovers out for a stroll, except that she was almost completely supporting him, and he looked as miserable as any human had the right to be.

Last edited by Calico on 10/07/10, 03:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

Caps : 281

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty22/07/09, 07:21 pm

OOC: I am going to presume that by the time Jarek gets into Megaton that Calico and Four are already in the clinic, as they probably wouldn't get there at exactly the same time, if that's ok)

Jarek trudged wearily down the steps that led to the center of Megaton and the ominous bomb that sat there. It had been a fairly uneventful trip to Grayditch and back, but then he knew how to use the terrain to his advantage and had walked that distance more times than he could be bothered to count. Still, it had needed to be done and he now had a good supply of ammo, along with a sniper rifle to add to the usual gear he ventured out with.
However, Jarek also hadn't had as much sleep as he had hoped for. Thoughts of the task ahead and the strange trio who had agreed to help him had been running through his mind non stop the past couple of days and he had found it difficult to rest.

All the same he was in a good mood, better than he had been in a very long time. Anticipation was filling his veins and he could barely wait to get out there.
Jarek also found himself actually looking forward to the company.
I hope to hell they turn up he thought to himself, paranoia and self doubt creeping into his mind briefly. He had been waiting for this kind of opportunity for what seemed like an eternity and didn't want anything to fuck it up.

Brushing the thoughts aside, he reached the bottom of the steps and walked towards the Brass Lantern, figuring he had best eat before setting out. His appetite hadn't really been that good lately, but he needed something to keep him going.
Sitting down on a stool he smiled as Jenny came over to serve him and after the usual greetings and general small talk, ordered some noodles.
As he waited for the meal he turned his attention to the people wandering around.
Nothing changes in this place.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

Caps : 132

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty24/07/09, 02:45 pm

The night had passed pleasantly but unevenfully, and the morning's trip back to the crater followed suit.

Once again Calvin approached the huge hangar doors of Megaton, and once again he found a rifle tracking his head. Must be 'cause of all the trouble I caused last time, he thought with grim humor.

"You can unbunch your panties, kid," he called up to Stockholm. "I ain't goin' in this time."

"Watch it, zombie," the gunman called back, and the rifle stayed its course.

Calvin looked to Lex, his grin somewhat forced. "I was plannin' on loiterin' out here for a while anyway," he lied. "Luce got pretty steamed when I left her to rust out here while I boozed the day away with you all. Why don't you go round up the younger ones, assumin' they showed, and meet me back here when you're through?"

"Oversized weapons are symbolic compensation for impaired or uncertain manhood," Lucinda commented, raising her volume for Stockholm to hear. "Self-exploration with the assistance of a competent therapist is recommended."

"Hush up, Luce, or he'll shoot us down like dogs." Calvin's voice dropped. "'Sides, I'd bet my ass our trigger happy friend gets up to more than enough "self-exploration" without your encouragement."
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty24/07/09, 08:46 pm

(OOC: Yep, s'no problem)

Calico emerged from the dingy clinic and grinned at the morning sun. She was elated, more than elated, she was positively ecstatic. She'd waited her whole life for a mission like this one and here she stood on the brink of it, young, bullet-proof, and crazy as hell. She bounded down the few steps to the crater floor and looked around for any sign of her companions.

Four followed slowly and deliberately. The pain had been soothed by Doc Church's skilled hands, but it was still sore and strained where he'd sustained the worst of his injuries. He touched his arm gingerly where an injection had been given to him. The injection had taken away his shakes and his sweats, most of the cravings too, but not all of them. "The rest is in his mind," he remembered the Doctor speaking in hushed tones to Calico from the other room, "He'll have to work through that on his own. Just try to keep him away from the shit, alright?"

He watched his captor flit around on the balls of her feet, practically dancing in her excitement. She'd mentioned that they would be doing something or going somewhere after she fixed him up, but the memories of their journey here were distorted at best. He stood stiffly on the clinic steps, staring out at the biggest settlement he'd been in since he was a child. He found it eerie to be surrounded by so many people who weren't either shooting at him or running in fear. Is that really something to be bothered by...? He let the thought trail off as he looked at Calico, who appeared to have spotted an acquaintance and was sprinting over to him. He set his jaw and followed, Yes. With her, it is.

Having spotted Jarek, Calico darted to his side, hurling herself onto the nearest seat, "Sir! Calico Borgia, reporting for duty, Sir!" She made no attempt to introduce Four as he came up to stand behind her like a reluctant shadow.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty25/07/09, 02:20 pm

Jarek almost jumped as Calico suddenly appeared by his side, his wandering thoughts interrupted.
He felt relief wash over him that at least someone had turned up so far. Sitting up straight he let out a small laugh at her greeting and gave her a wide grin.
"Hey, glad to see you turned up Calico, I was....."
Jarek cut off sharply when he finally noticed the thoroughly miserable looking character who had wandered over to join her.
Turning to stare at the man, he saw his battered appearance and the slave collar around his neck.

Jarek shifted uncomfortably and glared at the man and then at Calico, his previous good mood cut short. Confusion briefly overrode the anger starting to build up in him.
What in the hell was this all about? The guy looked a hell of a lot like a raider to Jarek from his outward appearance at least, so why the fuck was he tagging along with Calico? Still, he couldn't be sure. But the slave collar to boot?

Jarek shook his head in confusion.
"Who the fuck is this Calico and what the fuck is going on with that?" He gestured towards the collar around the mans neck and frowned.
He had an idea of what was going on here and he didn't like it. What in hell was she thinking?
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty25/07/09, 06:31 pm

Her grin never faltered, "Oh yeah, almost forgot! Jarek, this is my good friend Four. Found him on the way to Arefu half dead, looked like a skirmish broke out between some Raiders and Slavers. Kid here was the only survivor." She leaned forward slightly and mock whispered, her voice still loud enough for Four to easily hear, "Poor soul lost his memory. Can't remember his name, so for now I've named him after his number." She gestured casually to the engraving on his collar and turned to Jenny with a smile, ordering two bowls of noodles as well.

Four watched her with sour contempt but said nothing. If that was the lie she wanted to tell he'd go along with it for now. It wasn't as though he had any other option. Hopefully one amongst them would be skilled enough to remove the device... Then.... Oh, then.

"Problem is, I'm not exactly the scientific type," Calico prattled on, "and my experience with explosives would leave him in a fairly bad way... So for the time being he's stuck with that damn collar. Fuckin' Slavers, am I right?"
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

Caps : 108

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty25/07/09, 08:25 pm

OOC: goooooood morning people!!!

With a curt nod, Lex turned to face the rickety gates of the settlement. She shot a backwards glance at Calvin and loosed a slight smile.

"Won't be a minute!" she said brightly, and not without a tint of her perpetual dry humor. She opened the gate enough for her to get through and ducked inside the shanty town. As the gate closed behind her, her smile melted away. Who the fuck did Stockholm think he was? That was no way to treat a person, no matter how much of that person was actually left. Lex fumed all the way down the shoddy steps into the crater. Once she reached the bottom she saw the others at the Brass Lantern. She was about to call over when she noticed one more had joined their midst, one more sporting some mighty fancy jewelry.

"Calico." Lex said harshly, and coming from her it sounded like a growling cat. As she came around the stand, the full impact of the new guy hit her like a ton of Yao-Guai cubs. Every inch of that boy screamed raider, from the cut of his hair to the, admittedly faded, red in his eyes from too many chems. She tensed immediately ready to spring for her knife, slave collar or no, she wasn't about to let her guard down.

"What the fuck is going on!?" she asked frantically. Stealing a glance at Jarek, she could tell he was waiting for just that answer himself.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty25/07/09, 10:27 pm

Four tensed as the woman raged towards them. He looked around the crater as casually as could and noticed the increasing attention they were getting. Not good. He eyed Calico up and down. She was armed to the teeth, that much was obvious, but could she really use all or any of the iron she was packing? He had his doubts. Still, he was close enough to her that he could grab any of the weapons she wore easily if it came to that. Another quick glance down the bar top revealed a steaming bowl of noodles and several useful and potentially lethal utensils. He'd made do with worse before. He itched for a hit but the intense clarity of sobriety reassured him. Allowing himself to visibly relax he waited for Calico's response, internally wound to react to anything. As much as he hated the bitch, he needed to protect her if he wanted to live. Here's hoping I'm as fast as I think I am...

Calico jerked slightly at Lex's exclamation but pressed on cheerfully, her voice and smile ever so slightly strained, "Going on with what?" She didn't wait for a reply, she already knew what Lex meant. Turning briefly to Four and then back to the older woman she jerked a thumb in her companion's direction, "What him? Oh, s'just telling Jarek about him actually. He's one lucky son of a bitch if you ask me. Survived one hell of a fire-fight... Too bad he doesn't remember it." She beamed up at him, a harsh glint in her eyes, "Innt that right?"

For the briefest moment he simply stared at her in horror. It was one thing for him to play along with her lies, but to actually drag him into a conversation? A conversation with regular people?! Fuckfuckfuck... Clearing his throat nervously he let his gaze shift to his skillfully acquired boots. Don't fucking panic. Don't be the one to fuck this up. Before shit went to hell you were the smart one... This is nothing. "... Too right. Took a sledge to the head... can't remember shit. This..." Bitch "... Lady, saved my life."
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty26/07/09, 04:18 am

Lex eyed the man suspiciously, he seemed honest enough; but then, anyone would with an explosive strapped around their neck. She eased up a bit, but only a bit. With Calvin waiting outside -knowing Stockholm, a gun probably still trained to his head- she wanted to make this quick and relatively painless.

"Sledge to the head eh? Lucky it didn't cave in your skull." she turned her attention to Calico. "How long are you planning to keep that thing 'round his neck?" her tone showed the slightest hint of annoyance, and she sighed inwardly. Things were getting complicated again, or maybe it was all in her head and things were actually very simple. Either way, the time was close at hand that they should be heading out, and Lex didn't fell like screwing with things. She forced aside the fact that this new guy had obviously been a raider, that wasn't important, not right now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty26/07/09, 10:23 am

Jarek glanced suspiciously between Calico and Four.
Even if this guy has been a raider, which Jarek guessed was probably likely, I can hardly say anything about it.
All the same he wasn't going to extend any trust towards 'Four' as she called him, no matter what his history. Not by a long shot.
Although thinking about it, he might be useful in the long run and Jarek had to admit he wasn't one to not give someone a second chance. If this guy really had lost his memory like Calico reckoned, then maybe it wasn't all so bad.

Turning again to her, he was just about to reply when Lex's angry voice came thundering out of nowhere.
He could see she wasn't best pleased with the new addition either as he watched the exchange between the three.
Still, although Calico had been straining his patience, he had never seen her as the kind of person to help someone out like that. He'd somehow seen her as completely uncaring and probably without pity, but she had saved this guys life and Jarek had to admit he was impressed.
However, he needed everyone to concentrate on the task ahead, they needed to prepare.

"Well, we should probably try and deal with that collar at some point, but Four seems to be holding out ok and we can't do with any delays right now. As soon as Calvin turns up we need to start heading out."
Jarek just wanted things to run smoothly and was determined the addition of Four to the group wasn't going to mess anything up.
I'm keeping an eye on you he thought, his gaze resting on the man.

Last edited by Jarek on 26/07/09, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty26/07/09, 12:39 pm

"Yeah... lucky." Four muttered sullenly in reference to Lex's statement. He shifted uncomfortably under Jarek's scrutinizing glare. He knew he'd need to do several things if he was going to get through this alive. First he had to keep Calico happy. Second he needed to win the other two over. Hell, if I can make them think I'm her slave they might turn against her... but if they kill her I die. He thought over what she had told him in the wastes. The collar was hooked remotely to her heart, so if she died so did he. Is that even possible? Suddenly he found it very hard to believe that she'd managed to rig up something so complicated in the middle of nowhere with little or no tools. Still... better not chance it.

A handful of caps were placed on the counter as the two orders of noodles arrived and Calico passed one of the bowls to Four. She waved her hand dismissively, "Jarek's right, we've got a lot of ground to cover. He can live with it until after the mission. You're good, right trooper?"

"Never better."

She patted his cheek condescendingly then turned to Lex again, "So you left with Calvin right? You cats part ways or did he decide not to join us?"
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty27/07/09, 05:31 am

OOC: my sincere apologies to Lucinda...

Lex decided then, as in many other situations of it's ilk, to fuck it. whatever happened, happened, and she'd been through almost everything, so what's this compared?

"Eh, Stockholm decided to let another Radroach crawl up his ass, he won't let Cal in. He's waiting for us just outside the gate with that heap Lucinda. Nice enough robot, but damn near useless if you ask me. We should be heading out to meet him ASAP. I think we could spare a little time to introduce him to your...friend here..." she turned her gaze to the newcomer "Sorry Pal, I didn't catch your name..."

Lex didn't like the idea of leaving anyone with one of those bastardized contraptions strapped to their neck; but she wasn't about to remove the only likely thing to stop him slitting their throats while they slept. If he proved useful, and relatively on the level, she might see to it; it wouldn't be the first time she'd disarmed one of those twisted things. But, seeing as he "belonged" to Calico, she'd have to -begrudgingly- ask first. A move that would place her directly under Calico's control; not a thought she particularly cared for.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty27/07/09, 11:41 am

"Stockholm is a fucking idiot," muttered Jarek in anger, tearing his gaze away from Four.

He didn't like the idea of Calvin standing around waiting for them outside anyway, never mind with that fucker just itching to pull the trigger.
He had half a mind to go out there now and give him a piece of his mind, along with the business end of his sniper rifle, but it probably wasn't the best idea, Jarek figured. Not if he wanted any of them to get back into Megaton again.
Grabbing his noodles he ate as quickly as he could, time was pressing as it was anyway.

Jarek's thoughts soon returned to Evergreen Mills and he suddenly felt slightly sick.
He had gone over and over in his head how they would do this, but in the end he hadn't come up with a decent set plan. The thought irritated him. Normally he was pretty well organized and he'd spent a long time scouting the area out months ago as best as he could, but this time he had started to let his fears get the better of him and any useful ideas had been lost within doubts and worries. All the same he figured they had probably changed some of their routines and patrols since he was last there anyway, but at least he had an idea of the layout of the place.
Jarek hoped he could overcome his worst fear this time. He was going to have to.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty27/07/09, 04:49 pm

The two ate quickly and silently; Calico due to her eagerness to finish and go, Four partially because of his ravenous hunger, but mostly out of instinctual fear that his food would be taken from him. He was the youngest of his brothers, and even as others had joined their rag-tag gang he'd always remained the target of their abuse. He wondered mildly as he stared at his empty bowl, full for the first time in as long as he could remember, if that constant abuse made him strong enough to survive the attack that killed the others. Not likely. Just dumb luck... He eyes Calico for a moment, his brows drawing together, ... Bad luck.

Calico stood and looked Four up and down, "Alright. What sorta weapons you good with?"

He tried to think back to recent fights and mulled over the barrage of weapons he'd used, none of them effectively. Going back further he remembered an old sniper rifle his dad had trained them all to shoot with. When he was 12 he was able to pick off a bloatfly across the canyon they lived beside. Admittedly it wasn't a large canyon, but of all the weapons he'd ever used it was the one he felt most comfortable with. He told her so.

She unstrapped her derelict sniper rifle and handed it to him. "She's seen better days... Mostly I just carry it incase the opportunity to use it comes up. The sight's off, I'll show ya how to correct for that when we hit the road." Scratching her chin thoughtfully she huffed and hummed until she snapped her fingers and removed the Chinese officer's sword from her belt. She shrugged as she handed it over, "And I never use that... I just keep it 'cause it looks awesome."

Turning to the others she clapped her hands together, "Alright! Let's not keep Cal waiting!"
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty27/07/09, 06:58 pm

Jarek finished off his meal and thanked Jenny.
Standing up from his stool he cracked his knuckles and stretched, the action relieving some of the tenseness in his muscles.
He signed inwardly.
Really wish I'd had a bit more sleep last night.

Looking at Four again he watched Calico hand him the rifle.
"Good to see i won't be the only one who knows their way around a sniper rifle, it'll be useful where we're going, that's for sure."
Eying the Chinese officer's sword, a small smile crept onto his face at the same time.
"Nice weapon, Calico. It does look pretty impressive."
Still, Jarek couldn't help but feel particularly wary that Four had such weapons.

"Well if everyone is ready, let's get going."
And with that he started on up the steps, his jaw set in determination.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty27/07/09, 08:11 pm

OOC: Tell me if I'm overstepping my bounds, but this seems SO Lex that I have to do it...

"Ready As ever, been waiting on you kids to finish up." Lex said with forced humor. as the others began up the hill to the gate, She placed a firm hand on Four's shoulder. Without waiting for him to turn she leaned close and lowered her voice.

"If you aim to shoot me boy, I'd suggest that you kill me. I don't take kindly to backstabbers, and I sure as hell don't like Raiders." her gravely voice was deadly serious. Lex didn't trust him, no matter what Calico said; hell... She didn't trust Calico either. Her message delivered, she let him go and walked briskly up the hill. Cal was waiting, so she didn't wait to see if her threat had sunk in, she passed Four and the others, taking the stairs two at a time.

They could call her many things, but she wouldn't let them call her old, and she damn sure wouldn't let them call her useless. Whatever plan Jerek had, they could hash it out later, right now, they needed to move.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty27/07/09, 09:05 pm

(OOC: S'cool. Smile)

Calico beamed at Jarek's comments, "Why thank you, Sir. Good to know it serves it's purpose." She started up the hill with a bounce in her step. They don't suspect a thing.

Four wasn't so optimistic. They know... They have to know. He saw the way they watched him. Calico's story didn't hold up very well to begin with, but any Wastelander worth their salt could see what he was, merc armor or not. He adjusted the borrowed weapons self-consciously. He didn't remember if he'd ever used a sword before, but with the sniper rifle he hoped nothing would be able to get close enough to worry about it. He started after Calico but froze when he felt a powerful hand clamp on his shoulder. His stomach lurched heavily as anticipation and fear flooded through him. He expected a blow to the head, or a blade to the kidney, but was met only by snarled words.

The threat was issued and she was gone before he could muster a response. He knew he needed to choose his words carefully, this woman seemed to bear more than the regular amount of animosity toward Raiders. Calico hadn't noticed the exchange, he didn't know about the other man, but he figured this would be something best dealt with discretely. He'd approach her once they were outside and try to smooth things over. What the hell do I say to that?
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty28/07/09, 10:46 am

OOC: I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread but decided not to, as we haven't really left the vicinity of Megaton just yet Smile

Jarek watched as Lex sprinted on ahead of him and looked behind at the others.
Calico appeared particularly pleased with herself and Four....well, he looked like death had just tapped him on the shoulder.
Jarek frowned, wondering if he'd missed something and quickly followed Lex out through the gates.

Looking around the barren, dusty land, he quickly spotted Calvin and his robot loitering nearby. He strode over to the two and called out.
"Hey Cal, sorry we kept you waiting. Hope that asshole up there hasn't given you too much trouble."
He glanced up at Stockholm who glared back, but kept his mouth shut for once.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty28/07/09, 12:34 pm

"Nothin' to write home about. But I'm sure glad to see--" Calvin had been walking toward the group, but he stopped abruptly in his tracks, looking hard at the collared man accompanying them, "--to see all four of you." At first it was the slave collar that bothered him, but then he got a better look at the face above the rusty contraption. He recognized it. It took more than a few days to shake the faces of the men who had tried to kill him just for the hell of it. He'd been glad to escape with just a gaping hole in his leg.

He shut down the expression that was trying to contort his face and decided to play it close to the vest, for now. Something pretty strange was going on, and he was never one to run his mouth before he'd gotten the lay of the land. "Guess another pair of hands can't hurt," he said amiably.
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty28/07/09, 01:28 pm

(OOC: fun and shenanigans with Stockholm rofl)

While the others talked, Lex had one hazel eye glued to Stockholm. He might not have been aiming at anyone, but his gun was trained in their general direction, and she didn't like it. She took one careful step backwards, and watched at the tip of his gun snapped right to her. Lex knew that he had an itchy trigger finger, and she was done.

"How's about you quit pointing that pea shooter at my head kid, I'm none too fond of the attention I'm getting." She shouted up to his perch. The gun stayed put, but she heard his voice a moment later:

"So long as you pal around with that shuffler you aren't welcome here old lady." He shouted back. Old lady, Old lady!? That was the final straw; nobody called her old.

"Why don't you come down here and say that to my fucking face you chicken shit, hillside cousin fucker!?" She shouted back. By now she'd probably drawn someone's attention but she didn't care, she was going to set this boy straight.

"What'cha gonna to do Grandma? Kill me?" She heard his laughter and it only further fueled her rage. She discretely picked up a rock near her boot and looked back up at the man.

"No. I ain't gonna kill you, But I'll shame you in front of these people, god, and your mama too; seeing as you most likely still live with her, you fucking great panty-waist." With that she tossed the well aimed stone, it connected with the fore grip on his rifle and sent the haggard thing clattering to the ground. Before the dust had even settled she set on the gun. Disassembling it completely, she left it in a pile of parts; with a smug, self satisfied smile, she turned back to Stockholm.

"If you can get down here and reassemble this heap, then you can go on and shoot me. Consider my business with this backward ass shanty town done." Turning then to the others, the smug look still on her weathered face, she jerked her head towards the wastes. "Shall we go then?" she asked lightly, partially waiting for their reactions, partially waiting to see if that uptight brat would actually come down.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty28/07/09, 02:15 pm

Jarek was just about to reply to Calvin with a whispered warning about Four, when he heard raised voices.
Turning around he watched with great amusement as the exchange of insults between Lex and Stockholm came to it's conclusion.

Looking back up at Stockholm he burst into laughter at the man's face as Lex dismantled his gun.
"That's what you get for being a fucking moron, Stockholm. Especially to a woman. Don't even fucking think of coming back down here until we're well gone or you'll be the one on the receiving end of a rifle for once."

Jarek had to admit that was probably the funniest thing he'd seen in a long time, simply because the arrogant bastard got what he deserved. Still, he was pretty pissed off at Stockholm's attitude all the same. Part of him hoped the idiot would come down just so he could knock him out.
He drew his rifle just in case and turned back to the others.
"Yeah Lex, now would probably be a good time to get going."
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty28/07/09, 09:05 pm

Four recognized the robot before the ghoul. Robobrains were rare companions, and he'd only ever seen one that spewed anti-war propaganda. His worst fears were confirmed with a glance, the ghoul was the one his gang had attacked nearly a week before. For the second time in so many minutes he felt his heart drop. He caught up to Calico in a few steps and grabbed her arm, turning her away from the group as quickly and, he hoped, as passively as possible, "We need to talk."

Her first reaction was to strike him, but the panicked tone in his voice made her hesitate. Calico allowed herself to be led a few steps back towards the settlement before stopping. She spoke in a hushed tone, "Okay, what the fuck?"

He kept his eyes lowered as he fidgeted with his sleeve nervously, "That ghoul... We've uh... Well we've met before..."

She frowned deeply, her eyes growing hard and vicious instantly, "How recently?"

"... Very."

Her hand shot out and she cuffed him roughly in the ear. She was winding up for another blow when raised voices behind her caught her attention. The two watched the exchange in silence. Calico's fury fading as the events unfolded. She was beaming deviously by the time the disassembled gun hit the ground and she rushed Lex's side, "Have I ever told you, you're my hero?"

Four stood dumbstruck, his hand pressed the side of his head which now throbbed painfully. He waited until the sniper was out of sight and made his way discretely to the cast off weapon. A once over of the gun Calico had given him had revealed more issues than a flawed sight. He took the scope from Stockholm's gun, along with several other pieces he knew he'd need. He could easily have taken the whole thing, but the idea of the sniper trying to put together a gun without all the pieces seemed much more satisfying.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty31/07/09, 12:02 am

Calvin couldn't help but chuckle watching the antics of the others. Poor Stockholm looked like someone had pooped in his soup. His eye was drawn when the raider kid pulled Calico aside, but he didn't catch the progression of their exchange in the commotion. Again, he decided to shrug it off, not wanting to tip his hand.

"That was fun," he said, "but I'm thinkin' we should make ourselves scarce pretty quick."
Back to top Go down
Lex Rugsby
Wasteland Junkie
Lex Rugsby

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty31/07/09, 08:38 pm

(OOC: I'm ready to move ^_^)

"fantastic idea." Lex replied. She was ready to get the hell out fo there before Stockholm went crying to Simms.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty31/07/09, 09:19 pm

(OOC: Me too. Now who gets to start the new one? Lol)

Calico cast a quick glance back towards the town. Stockholm was still out of sight, but the gate showed no sign of opening. She did one last check of her gear before nodding, "Hell yes. Lets go kick some ass!"

Four slunk behind her solemnly. He avoided Calvin at all costs, often trying to turn or shield his face from the ghoul's view. He must not recognize me yet... Surely he would have gunned me down if he did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)   Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton) Empty

Back to top Go down

Geared up and ready to go. (Megaton)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next