Ghoulification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 Role Play Community. This Community may contain graphic subject matter, violence and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character art trade?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

Caps : 132

Character art trade? Empty
PostSubject: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty01/10/09, 12:39 am

Anyone up for an art trade? An I draw your character, you draw mine kinda thing? I think it's awesome to see another person's take. And there's so much distracting stuff going on IRL right now that I need some kind of nudge to get the drawing mojo started again. Smile

I tend to do grayscale lineart because I hate coloring, something like this:
Character art trade? Miraforalburcopy

Any takers?
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Caps : 546
Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet
Group: Freelance Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty01/10/09, 07:57 am

Well I've never attempted to draw a Ghoul before but what the heck, I'm in!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty01/10/09, 08:26 pm

Yaaaaaay!

Was it Calico you wanted me to draw, or another of your characters?
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Location : Silver's old house in Springvale after Silver inexplicably went missing.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty01/10/09, 08:28 pm

Calico I'd say... other than my profile pic there isn't much art of her.

How would you like Calvin drawn? (If it's Calvin you want that is.)
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty02/10/09, 04:46 am

Actually, I think it would be cool to have a pic of Calvin pre-ghoulifying. Maybe a poster from his singing career. Very Happy Other than that he was a handsome Black man in his early twenties, I don't have too specific of a look in mind for him, so go wild and do whatever!

I'm about 3/4 done with Calico...wouldn't you know I went and decided to color the sketch anyway. It's a little more anime/stylized than usual--I think your avatar is influencing me!

Here's a peek:
Character art trade? CalicoPreview

I sleeps nao.
Back to top Go down
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty02/10/09, 06:12 am

I can't believe you have so much finished already! I'll work out some sketches and try to get something done up soon... The weekend doesn't look too busy so I should have enough free time to get something done!
Very Happy

I'd love to try my hand at pre-war Calvin so I'll give that a go. Hopefully it won't take too long!
Back to top Go down
Dahlia
Wasteland Wanderer
Dahlia

Caps : 108
Location : Relaxing at Carol's Place before going back to work.

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty03/10/09, 12:04 am

Ohmygoodness! You guys draw so well and here I can't so much as draw a straight line! I can sit here and watch these drawings all day.
Back to top Go down
http://ladygreta.livejournal.com/
Fiona
Wastelander
Fiona

Caps : 44

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty03/10/09, 11:17 am

Dahlia wrote:
Ohmygoodness! You guys draw so well and here I can't so much as draw a straight line! I can sit here and watch these drawings all day.

I know right? This really makes me wish I had some semblance of artistic ability. xD I really love both of your art styles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty03/10/09, 12:13 pm

Colour me art-skill jealous. Please? I'd do it myself but I lack the skill. I think art-jealous is kind of a dusky green.
Back to top Go down
Dahlia
Wasteland Wanderer
Dahlia

Caps : 108
Location : Relaxing at Carol's Place before going back to work.

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty05/10/09, 01:09 am

Color me any color you want as long as I can get some of your ability.
Back to top Go down
http://ladygreta.livejournal.com/
Calico
Urban Ranger
Calico

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty05/10/09, 10:48 pm

So... I think I'm done. I've never done an art trade before so... we just post the finished piece here right?
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty06/10/09, 02:36 am

That's awesome, I just managed to snag the computer with photoshop for a few hours to finish yours! I think I'll post the results in a new thread since the images are large and I don't want to kill people's computers with an image-happy thread. Eeeee, I can't wait to see what you've done!!

Oh yeah, and thanks for the comments from everyone else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

Caps : 281

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty21/10/09, 06:46 pm

I'd be totally up for doing an art trade too, but I may take me a short while to draw something up, kinda rusty Smile I do pencil work, mainly.
I love the work you've both done!
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty24/10/09, 03:30 pm

Yaaaay another trade! Let's do it! Any specific request? Very Happy

Take your time--I have the flu and right now I'm not good for much more than creating mucous and groaning.
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty24/10/09, 09:24 pm

Good stuff Cool bounce
I don't have any specific requests, no...just go with what you want. Do you?
Hope you're feeling better soon anyway, I've been pretty much constantly ill these past weeks too :/
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty24/10/09, 09:38 pm

Jarek wrote:

Hope you're feeling better soon anyway, I've been pretty much constantly ill these past weeks too :/

Ugh, it's definitely the season for such shennanigans. I was just hoping I could wait on getting sick until *after* Halloween.

Hmm...Well, Calico covered mister Calvin's adorable pre-ghoul phase. Might a request a ghoulified Cal from you?

I'm looking forward to drawing Jarek. I love drawing scars. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty24/10/09, 09:45 pm

Yeah sounds good to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Wasteland Junkie
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty20/11/09, 05:32 pm

I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about our art trade! I'm in the middle of moving, so my computer, tablet, and scanner are all out of reach, as are all of my drawing things. I've been thinking about Jarek, though, and today was a slowish day at work so I've been doodling in between patient intakes. He's just a number 2 pencil on scratch paper right now. I plan to do an actual decent drawing for you in the future, but until things are more settled, here's cruddy work sketch Jarek! Very Happy It's friggin huge for some reason thanks to the scanner thing at work--in real life the sketch is like, 2 inches high.

Character art trade? Jar11
Back to top Go down
Jarek
Admin
Jarek

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty21/11/09, 01:14 pm

Wow that's brilliant! Very Happy Glee
Thanks so much, can't wait to see the final version, although this is great just as is Smile
I feel so guilty I haven't got anything to put up yet, life has been manic lately but I hadn't forgotten about the art trade either Wink
I do have a rough sketch, but I hate putting anything up before I've finished it haha, but I will get it finished next week Smile
Anyway, I think you've captured his look really well, I love your art style!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character art trade?   Character art trade? Empty

Back to top Go down

Character art trade?
Page 1 of 1